Today I will be showing some alternative to plastic bags for dog poop. A dog is one of the best animals to keep as pets. A dog serves to be a companion to man. He helps with a lot of things. I need not mention them, but owning a dog will make you happy. However, wait until he starts to mess around. They might be dogs that poop so often. This can be quite disturbing to some people. Some people are disgusted by such things. This is when poop bags get very handy. To avoid the mess, you should be prepared with dog poop bags. This will save you a lot of stress. Another issue comes up when choosing the dog poop bags. There are numerous dog poop bags starting from plastic dog poop bags to eco-friendly dog poop bags. Which of these two is the better option? Stay tuned I will help you decide.
Many people wonder whether dog poop bags are biodegradable. To be honest, biodegradable is somehow misleading. The better term to be used should be compostable. The compostable dog poop bags are expensive and a bit hard to find.
Are Dog Poop Bags Biodegradable?
Just like I mentioned earlier, Biodegradable is a substantial term. This means that everything will decompose entirely as a result of biological actions. This holds some truth but not all of it. Compostable non-plastic dog poop bags are friendly to the environment, and they will decompose at their rate. It is defecating added some chemicals to make decomposition faster. They are known as Oxo-Biodegradable dog poop bags. With these chemicals, the decomposition time can take around 2 years. The rate of decay will depend on a few factors such as temperature and moisture.
What Are The Best Dog Poop Bags? The best dog poop bags will come from plant-based materials. This is because plant-based material is eco-friendly to the environment when they decompose.
They will give off carbon dioxide of the plant matter that made them originally. There are bags which fully decompose while others don’t The choice will be up to you. I would highly recommend the AmazonBasics Dog Waste Bags. This is among the best. It does a perfect job of concealing the sight and smell of your dog’s poop. Another advantage is that it is cheap and durable. They are thick; therefore, you won’t need to worry about leakage. The only drawback is that it is not biodegradable. Another alternative to this plastic bag for dog poop and that fully decomposes is alpha pet dog poop bag. This among the best dog poop bags and for that reason, they are a bit pricy. Other than the price, everything else is great about the bag.
How Long Does It Take For A Poop Bag To Decompose?
Most sources state that biodegradable dog poop plastic bags can take around three to six months to decompose. This cannot be too wrong. The approximation is to help you get some idea of how long the bag you buy will take to decompose. This rate is much faster compared to their synthetic counterparts. The time taken to disintegrate will depend on the temperature, most importantly. The higher the temperature, the higher the rate of decomposition. Although plastic bags decomposition is much faster, They are not that friendly to the environment. They are made using petrochemical substances. When they decompose they become toxic to the environment. The better option when it comes to choosing biodegradable dog poop bags is to choose plant-based materials.
What Are The Best Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags?
Those of you who own dogs should be very much aware of the little presents they leave us behind every day. As a responsible owner of the dog, you should know of the biodegradable dog poop bags as an alternative to plastic bags for dog poop. The biodegradable dog poop bags are ecofriendly, and besides, they pose no threat to the environment. Below, I have put down some of the best biodegradable dog poop bags. With this list of eco poo bags, you will add to the well being of the environment. Searching for anything friendly to the situation can be quite a task, but I have taken the initiative to look for the best eco-friendly dog poop bags. The list includes:
- Pet N Pet Oxo-Biodegradable Pet Waste Bags. These bags are super strong and don’t tear that easily. They are straightforward to use. The handles are long enough to tie a knot. Another advantage of this bag is that they are cheap.
- Pet N Bags Dog waste bags are another right choice. This plastic is compostable. The only major drawback to this back is that it is transparent, which makes it not that pleasing to look at when the bag is full.
- Pogi’s Poop Bags with Easy-Tie Handles– Just as the name suggests, these bags are the easiest to tie. It saves you a lot of effort as the handles tie off swiftly. These bags came with different scents but are thinner than the other options.
- Okydoky Dog Poop Bags are a good option as they are the best-scented bags in the market. They are OXO-biodegradable and ASTM D6954-COMPLIANT. They are an excellent made with tough material, easy to pull apart and they don’t stick together. This bag comes with a plastic poop bag holder you can use until you find a garbage can.
- Another better option is My alpha pet dog poop bag. These bags are fully compostable and made with a blend of cornstarch and other bio-based components. The bags are thick to prevent leakages and spare your hands. The bags are certified, and they take about 90 days to decompose fully. The better the product, the more you will spend. These bags are a bit pricy, but they get the job well done.
Are Dog Poop Bags Compostable?
You should now be able to distinguish between the meaning of compostable and biodegradable. Compostable dog poop bags will be able to disintegrate into the natural elements in a compost environment, leaving no toxins to the soil. There are several brands that produce compostable dog poop bags. You should be keen when choosing dog poop bags. Many poop bags that claim to be biodegradable don’t degrade within a year, and some will also never decompose. Pet N Pet Oxo-Biodegradable pet waste bag is an excellent example of good compostable dog poop bags. There are many other good brands. We have looked at some of the best biodegradable poop bags. This should help you decide which one to buy.
With the little knowledge, you gain from here, am sure you will be able to make the right decision and choose eco-friendly dog poop bags. You should take care of your dog including the mess he/she causes. Do not let other people clean the mess of your dog. It is your responsibility to ensure that your dog does not mess the pathways or other people compounds. If you find it costly to get the fully decomposable bags, there are cheaper alternatives that are not as harmful as plastic dog poop bags. With that, I will leave you to have a good time with your dog.